In the meanwhile, here is the Recipe for Cabbage Bhaji
4 cups shredded cabbage
3-4 green chillis
Clockwise from top: a wedge of whole cabbage, coriander leaves, shredded cabbage, green chillis
1. Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot, add mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering, add the cumin seeds and let them splutter too.
2. Add the shredded cabbage, chopped green chillis and turmeric powder. Sprinkle a little water.
3. Cover the pan and steam-cook the cabbage. Stir it every now and then, especially if you are not using a non-stick pan. Sprinkle some more water, if you see the cabbage sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add sugar, if using. Add salt, stir the cabbage and steam-cook it further until it becomes as soft as you like it.
5. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve it with chapatis or rice and dal. *
*But but but, I didn't serve it with any of these. I served it as a part of 'something'. Can you guess what that 'something' is?